Personal Letter ( surat pribadi )
A personal letter or friendly letter is a letter that is usually addressed to people you know personally.
The format of the letter :
3. Body of letter/message
Ø Sharing current and past personal news
Ø Responding the expected, unexpected, and personal news
4. Complimentary sign/closing
It is written in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The heading contains
1. The address of the sender or the person writing the letter.
• It can be omitted when the addressee knows the sender well and the sender’s address
2. The date when the sender writes the letter.
1. It is written in left hand corner. You can begin with the word:
2. Then, followed by first name of receiver and ended with comma.
BODY OF LETTER/MESSAGE
1. You state your message in the body.
2. You can begin with telling your experience and tell your aim / reason of writing the letter in the first
3. Your second paragraph is your message.
4. Then, you can end the letter with clear ending stating what you expect and your feeling.
1. Your closing can be written as follows:
· Your friend,
· Yours truly,
· Yours lovingly,
· With love,
2. It is followed by comma.
It refers to the sender’s first name and it is put after closing.